Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 27, 2014

                                                    THURSDAYS
Sooooooo sorry I didn't post anything yesterday,  but it was a crazy day. Today is day 3 of the missions week. Today  I'll be taking about Shiloh's Shelter for missions week.  Today is my youth leader's birthday! So me and my best friend surprised her. Hayden is the best youth leader anyone could ask for, & I'm so thankful that God put her in my life! Now I'm going to be talking about Shiloh's Shelter in India.  This business has not officially stared yet. This is my uncle's sister & her family, Shiloh being his niece. They are missionaries to India,  and they have been there two years. Shiloh is starting her own business. It's called Shiloh's Shelter. her website. It's a place for baby girls & girls to come to as a safe place.  Click here to see a video about Shiloh's Shelter.  Hopefully,  you should be able to tap/click that link  & go see a slideshow for Shiloh's Shelter. Anyway, when Indian women get married, the bride's family has to pay a ton of money to the groom's family, so girls are considered burdens. Most girls don't even make it to age 10.
Shiloh & her family

 Last summer their family spent 6 months in the U.S. My mom, me, and Brook met up with Shiloh & her mom. She really inspired me & helped me, because she was my age when they moved to India. They returned to India right after Christmas, around the time we left for Belgium. Please be praying for Shiloh's Shelter and their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment